About Pan American Silver
Pan American Silver engages in mining precious metals and related activities, including exploration, mine development, extraction, processing, refining, and reclamation. The Company owns and operates silver and gold mines located in Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Guatemala and Canada. In addition, the Company is exploring new mineral deposits and opportunities throughout North and South America.
Pan American Silver is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) (Symbol: PAAS) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (“NASDAQ”) (Symbol: PAAS).
CORE BUSINESS AND STRATEGY
Our vision is to be the world’s premier silver producer, with a reputation for excellence in discovery, engineering, innovation, and sustainable development. Our strategy to achieve this vision is to:
- Generate sustainable profits and superior returns on investments through the safe, efficient and environmentally sound development and operation of our assets.
- Constantly replace and grow our reserves and resources through targeted near-mine exploration and business development.
- Foster positive long-term relationships with our employees, shareholders, communities and local governments through open and honest communication and ethical and sustainable business practices.
- Continually search for opportunities to upgrade and improve the quality of our assets, both internally and through acquisition.
- Encourage our employees to be innovative, responsive and entrepreneurial throughout our entire organization.
- Creating sustainable value for stakeholders through operating in a responsible and ethical manner and applying sustainability best practices.
To execute our vision, Pan American Silver attracts, develops, and retains a sector-leading team of mining professionals. Our team has a depth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of our business, which enables us to confidently advance early stage projects through construction and into operation.
Our principal products and sources of sales are silver and gold doré and silver bearing zinc, lead, and copper concentrates.
OUR SUPPLY CHAIN
Mining requires a reliable supply chain and transport logistics for both supply materials and products. Our service providers are primarily locally based companies or local subsidiaries of international service or consulting groups.
Our mines process ore to produce doré bars (an alloy composed primarily of silver and gold) or mineral rich concentrates (a mixture of base metals containing silver). We send our doré to refineries, which further refine it to produce silver and gold bullion, which is then sold to various bullion banks, traders and consumers. We sell our concentrates to traders or smelters, which further process and refine it into marketable products.
Our vision is to be the world’s premier silver producer, with a reputation for excellence in discovery, engineering, innovation, and sustainable development.